ICED TEA LATTES: milk tea, over ice
Do you love a milky tea but want an iced option for the summertime? Perhaps an iced chai latte or even iced chocolate? It’s easy! Let’s do it.
YOU WILL NEED:
A tall glass, full of ice
Your milk of choice
Your tea of choice
Your sweetener of choice
A teapot or jug
1. Take your glass full of ice and fill it three quarters full with your milk of choice.
2. Fill your teapot with four heaped teaspoons, and add your sweetener of choice. NOTE: if you’re using matcha, just use 2 teaspoons.
3. Pour boiling water over the mix of tea and sweetener so that it just covers it all - you’re looking to make a very short and very strong brew.
4. Stir it a bit and let it infuse for 2-3 minutes.
5. Pour the brew (through your strainer) over your ice and milk.
6. Stir, and enjoy!
This method works with almost any of our blends, but be aware some teas work much better than others. As a rule of thumb, any chai or black tea will work. Green tea not so much, with the exception of matcha and roasted green tea. Some herbal teas will work, but avoid blends with peppermint or fruit - milk with these ingredients tend to taste, well, weird.
Red Wattle, Chai Yoga, Ginger & Turmeric, Pink Delight Chai
Matcha, Roasted Green,
And all chai, hot chocolate and black tea blends will work.